Monday, June 25, 2012

Levain Bakery...

I fell in love with Levain back when I did my internship here 4 years ago. It's a city hot spot for sure. No matter how many times I've been, the cookie's wow-factor doesn't subside. 


I had envisioned some grand place after hearing so much about Levain prior to actually going. It's just a  small basement bakery though. Love this pic of Sarah Jane and Charles sitting street side as I ordered down below. It's one of the many places in NYC that can't accommodate a stroller.  I was walking by the other day when it was just me and the kiddos and I wanted a cookie so badly. But I promised Andrew I would never leave the stroller outside a store and 'run in real fast.' You'd be surprised how many places in NYC can't accommodate a stroller. The bus system for example... discrimination.


This is it.


I remember being so disappointed the first time I saw a Levain cookie. They are thicker and denser than this pic shows actually. Although unappealing to look at, they're the most tasty things to eat as all the reviews say. It crumbles and melts in your hands too when fresh out of the oven. There are only 4 flavors though, the chocolate chip walnut being my favorite. The dark chocolate peanut butter cup is pretty special too. 

 

Charles, SJ, & baby Baldwin // McKenzie & I walked down 74th to the park to eat our cookies on a bench. 74th is beautiful (minus the rodent house).

 


Our landlord got us these cute outfits. Does anyone besides Charles still pop their collar?  


 

They'll be ready for some Levain when their time comes.  




No comments: