Wednesday, June 6, 2012

NYC Brunch...

I'm a succor for Saturday brunch, and this city is full of great place, so I hear. I most always order the Eggs Benedict unless there is a strong recommendation to try something else particular to the restaurant.  I've collected a list in my phone of various places I've heard people say they love. I was pretty food-adverse when I was pregnant; the oxymoron to that is that I gained 70lbs. But I've had no trouble rediscovering my appetite and enjoying good eating since. Bon appetit! 

Clinton St. Baking - (Lower East Side// Famous for Pancakes)
Back Forty - (LES//Southern style eating)
Beauty & Essex - (LES//shared style eating)
Freemans - (LES//hip atmosphere)
Jane - (Soho//traditional American)
Balthazaar - (Soho//well-know brunch)
Blue Ribbon Bakery (Soho//Great bread)
Shortys 32 - (Soho//quaint)
Spotted Pig - (Village)
Elephant & Castle - (Village//Eggs Benedict on french toast)
Bobo - (W. Village//Upstairs seating feels southern)
Red Rooster - (Harlem)
Landmarc - (UWS//Time Warner building overlooking Columbus Circle)
Sarabetheh's - (UWS)
Popover Cafe - (UWS)
Ditch Plains - (UWS)
Helmsley Park Lane - (Uptown//beautiful view of park)
Normas - (Upper Midtown//must do)
Eataly - (Chelsea)
Cookshop - (Chelsea//traditional)
Paradou - (Meatpacking)
Friend of Farmer - (Gramercy//Country style)

Any more recommendations?

 
Last week we ventured out with the boys to Landmarc. It's unusual how much space they have to accommodate a double stroller. Most places can't do so.



5 comments:

Life's One Big Tripp said...

Friend of a Farmer is so yummy. Cutest atmosphere too. I'm coming to NYC next month, excited to try some of these places, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Peels

Anonymous said...

Peels is at 325 Bowery on the corner of 2nd. I recommend the build your own biscuit!

LinnieBell said...

Isabella's on the UWS...amazing eggs benedict! :)

neil and jes said...

You should add Good (in West Village - get the lemon ricotta pancakes) and Extra Virgin (banana french toast).