Monday, July 16, 2012

Central Park Benches...

What I love most about this park is that there is something for everyone--bikes paths, running trails, tennis courts, swimming pool, horse riding, touring, performing, playgrounds, sun bathing, ice skating, and this list never ends. Most of the main walking paths are lined with the neatest benches to take a breather, people watch, and feed your twins. 
According to the park's official website about 2,000 of the 9,000 benches in the park have been adopted to help fund its maintenance. I've enjoyed stoping and reading the plaques. Some are super interesting making me curious to know more. Numerous tributes have been made to 9-11 victims, or family members remembering a grandparent who lived/died with this park. I thought it would be nice for Andrew and I to have our own bench... a destination spot on our Sunday strolls. I grossly underestimated how much that would cost though. $7,500?!? We'll just have to pick out a bench to call our own minus the plaque. 


I took a pic of a few of my favorites. 

 

 

 

 

 

  

I think this one is in Arabic. Not exactly sure but curious what it says.


1 comment:

Diana Hulme said...

I love these! You captured some great ones. My favorite is the Will you Marry Me - talk about an over the top proposal!!! :)