Monday, September 24, 2012

Tourist in your own town...

Heather came all the way from California to visit recently. She did most everything this city has to offer touristically speaking and much more beyond the guide books recommendations. In the last 3 years, we've created good memories in Utah, California, Louisiana, and now NYC. Although the twins and I couldn't maintain her pace, it was neat to do a few things I haven't done before while living here.  

 

I love showing people the park. I consider it my back yard and take great pride in it. 



Strolling down 5th doesn't ever get old. Saw this sequins dress in a department window display from accross the street and loved it, but didn't think to even try to on until Heather urged me to do so. Went to the 3rd floor only to learn they were sold out. But found it later at the actual designers store in SOHO. Only 2 left in my size in the country. Will 1 make it until it goes 40% off in November? Most defiantly not, but I wish so...


 

Especially tender to the American Flag seen all over this city on 9/11. 


Somewhere in Midtown. 


I hope to eat there one day... Maybe next restaurant week. 


Never heard of Kleinfeld or the TV show that takes place there. Thanks Heather for introducing me. It was a Monday so they were closed and of course no appointment. But walked up to the door at the right time so an employee let Heather in. Dreams came true...

 



2 comments:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

you have never heard of Say Yes to the Dress?!?! come on Mary Martha.. that's like what I do!

Meggera said...

Sounds like a dream! SOO fun!