Thursday, October 25, 2012

Jones Family Farms...

While I was in Connecticut, I was determined to get some pics of the boys in a pumpkin patch. These would be a treasure and a decorating focal point for the years to come. There are so many farms to choose from in New England area. I had trouble deciding. Although Jones would be a 45 minute drive, that's the one I chose. The drive up the Merritt Parkway was so beautiful this time of year. The boys slept. And I felt empowered behind the wheel, with the twins, just us... the random things I miss while living in a big city. I failed to bring a stroller though so I only got so far with 20 pounds in each arm. For a moment, I wished they could walk, but I quickly took that thought back and apologized profusely. Clyde and Charles, please don't grow up. Let's enjoy your first Halloween forever. 

 


I loved the nude pumpkins. 

 


Found a sweet stranger willing to take our pic. Although I love the city, I think I'd do just fine on a farm. I really do. 


I thought about putting the boys in their pumpkin costumes for the pics, but then thought that might be overboard. So their tractor rompers for the hay and hay rides. Get it? The green makes a nice contrast. And these are 24 month rompers so I look forward to them running around in John Deer boots with them.






This little hut was made for their outfits.


Almost as big as the pumpkin.



Gourds for days.



Pumpkins for sale not cheap.


Love this mailbox


I drove through a town called Monroe to get to the farm. Struck a cord with me. I'm guessing this is a great place to live...




1 comment:

Liz Jensen said...

I'm so glad you went to Jones! I thought it was darling-and the drive is amazing right? Great pics too!