Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween on 69th Street...

Andrew met us at the 69th's block party after work. It was the unofficial party because it was technically called off due to Sandy. Although cars were still allowed down the road, there were plenty of trick-or-treaters. The cancellation probably scared away much of the crowd, which worked to my advantage with a double stroller. I only clipped a few ankles.  When I walked by 69th St on Halloween Eve, there were no decorations up--granted it was the day after Sandy. I was impressed to see most everything went back up for Halloween night. 





Potato Head Pumpkin. I'm so doing this next year. 

 

 Bumble Bee & Lady Bug... Twins! I love running into other twin moms and getting a quick delivery/life recap. We delivered at the same hospital. & belong to the same club--Manhattan Moms of Multiples. Instant friends.


I wasn't able to capture this brownstone well but this Spiderman (10ish yr. old boy) standing in the window had a spider hanging from the window that he had going back and forth on the zip line. I was distracted with the beautifully lit up place he was standing in. Nevertheless, a creative and cute little one. 

 

A couple cars on the street were decorated. Who said you have to have a yard to decorate? Does the following 2x2 count as a yard? Space well allocated...

 

Some decor I found on the East side when meandering one day...

 

Halloween just got a whole lot better with kids, but I did miss our friends from last year a tinge. 


3 comments:

Lizzie said...

So fun & so sad I missed this. Next year for SURE!

mommy watsky said...

Ahhh, how fun! Such cute little pumpkins!

breanna said...

Love the decorations!! Reminds me of new Orleans and their need to go all out for Halloween!! :)