Saturday, November 3, 2012

Target Free Friday at the MoMA...

The Modern Museum of Art is even more amazing the 2nd time attending than the 1st. I'm not sure if it's because I saw and appreciated more art, or if the free admission secretly contributed. A $25.00 entry fee stung a bit the 1st time. But Friday nights are free.


Starry Night by Van Gogh is a personal favorite along with everyone else. My parents have my copy/interpretation from art class in my early teens hanging up at their house. 

Edvard Munch's Scream is visiting the MoMA from a private collection. Whose private collection, I'd like to know? Andrew seemed disturbed that it wasn't a Van Gough. He thought for sure it was. I was mistaken myself, but wasn't hung up on it an hour later when leaving the museum. I didn't realize there are multiple copies of this piece either. This particular one is pastels on cardboard. I like like how this piece magnifies the psyche of the soul. 


The hovering crowd...


More from van Gogh... This one he painted as a gift for another. I'd like that type of gift very much, especially over a snip-it of his ear. 


Picasso is growing on me. 


Andy Warhol's on Marilyn Monroe.  As the audio recording relayed, there are blemishes in this painting just as there were in her life. But why isn't this one at the Andy Warhol exhibit at the MET? 



Claude Monet's water lillies. Consider the lilies of the field...

 

Testing new phone's panorama. 




This is where I go bonkers with modern art. Although this is a grainy pic, there is no detail to it. The twins could paint this. I was shocked it's considered a museum favorite; I only say that because they have an audio recording for it. I only listened to a bit. I was a little humbled that there is some correlation to the Holocaust. 

The 6th floor has a special toy exhibit going on right now. Past this stop, there were no pics allowed. Andrew looks dwarfed here as I'm sitting in the high-char. The Stokke Tripp-Trapp high chair to be exact.  

Some of the neat things for the exhibit included a 1905 wooden high chair, Etch-a-sketchs from the 1950s and Color forms that I remember when I was a little girl. 


How about some twin eye-candy to end the post?



2 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

How fun! I love that last shot of the boys...they are so sweet & smiley. :)

Amanda said...

those two of yours are too cute! I love their clothes and smiles.