Monday, December 17, 2012

Maison Martin Margiela @ H&M...

I had no idea who Maison Martin Margiela was prior to all the hype about him at H&M. I walked by not even realizing there was a special release that day--weeks ago. The line was crazy. I came back later that night to see the aftermath of all the people and picked over line. It was neat stuff really. 

 

Each piece had a huge tag on it describing the item was relaying which season it was redesigned from. It was neat that his pieces were pulled out of older archives. 

 

And for those that waited in a long line... they were assigned a color of time to shop the good with a 15 minute time limit. Barricades in H&M section it off... Intense!



A lot of the pieces were oversized. I loved it. The jacked was described as a duvet blanket if I remember correctly--transformed to a jacket. I enjoyed trying it out. "I have no space to give it a home" saves me a lot these days.


1 comment:

Shanna said...

I have been eyeballing that jacket for 3 weeks (online). I will not allow myself to try it on. It looks awesome.