Monday, February 25, 2013

Dylan's Candy Bar Birthday...

The twin's 1st bday came and went too quickly. With the winter months and smaller apartment living, I wasn't sure where we could possibly celebrate. Dylan's worked out to be the perfect place for a baby-birthday who's first bday is typically the first time to indulge in sugar. Sugar high has a completely new meaning to us now. 

I expect that most of my children's bdays will be very low key. My parents said it best though--that we're celebrating the miracle of their safe arrival/good health and that we actually survived the year in great spirits. I appreciate both Andrew's family and mine own for coming out to celebrate with us. & now my babies are walking all over the place. Does that make them toddlers? 

  
Invitation idea from here

 





 

  


I had something different in mind for a smash cake. My boys just kind of picked at it. 


Largest gumball machine ever with around 40,000 gum-balls says their blog.

 

 


 


 






The florescent lighting inside as well as the natural light from outside threw me for a picture loop. Thanks Diana for sending me your pics. 


6 comments:

Lizzie said...

This was the party of all parties! Such a happy, exciting day. One of my favorites in the city ever. Truly.

Nikki said...

I knew I wasn't the only one to think a party at Dylan's deserves more than a fill in invite!
Your invitations look great! Love the candy buttons on the back. I'm glad I could inspire you :) Thanks for the link back.

Chris and Paige Evans said...

WOW what a party! Happy birthday to your two cute boys!

Mari Kjar said...

i'm loving every bit of this. every detail and every picture. they look adorable and perfect. happy 1st birthday full of color and memories!!! love you! love them!

Diana Hulme said...

Such cute boys - can't believe they are already one. :) Best party ever, and so smart to do it at Dylan's. xoxo!

jessica said...

Oh my gracious I want this party and I am 25 years older than they are! And btw you look GORGEOUS Mary Martha. As always :)