Friday, April 5, 2013

Tom Hanks in The Lucky Guy...

I was really looking forward to Nora Ephron's script along with Tom Hanks performance, but I was a bit disappointed. Too dark and depressing for my sit back and enjoy the show mentality. I've only read a couple of Nora's books, which were very lighthearted and easy reads. This one through me for a loop. I guess she wrote it as she was dying so maybe her mind was shifting.

My guilty pleasure is that I continue to use my student-id throughout this city.  I paid a whooping $30.00 for my Lucky Guy ticket. I justify this awful thing I do in two ways... My ID has no expiration date on it. And I pay the ridiculous NYC tax. 


I didn't end up with a good pic of Tom Hanks but here's for trying...

 


1 comment:

Julianne said...

Mary - I just spent a good little while catching up on your blog. What incredible adventures you're having in the city! I love all the beautiful photography! Good for you for keeping up blogging. It's such a great tool - and I feel like everyone is abandoning it. Keep it up! Your boys will thank you!