Friday, May 10, 2013

Scottland 10K in Central Park...

I recently ran with Sheena in Central Park's Scottish 10K. Deep down, I love to run, but I know it isn't best on my child bearing years so I reframe from doing so. (I'm not saying running is bad on everyone's child bearing year, just probably not ideal for mine). Any who, there are some neat races in the city and really wanted to run one in the park.  So with little to no training, I went for it. A10K was perfect. And I remembered another friend had signed up too. Sheena really pushed me and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. The bagpipes played at various intervals must of been the trick. I have a thing for bagpipes. 

 

I ran and took some pics on my phone along the way, just to get an idea of how fast I run.


 

Some brave to run in kilts. My running skirt was the next best option I thought.


Running in the neighborhood felt so comfortable.  


No comments: